Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, May 11, 2009

HANG IN THERE, BLAISE!

Pregnancy nevers seems to be dull for me from conception to delivery. Sadly, I wish it were. My blood pressure would be much happier. Today at school, during recess, I was sidelined hard with a kickball to my side. Those third-graders are getting big and it hurt! With my history, I worried, of course. Finally, some co-workers talked me in to calling my Dr. just to reassure myself. I did not expect my Dr. to send me to Labor & Delivery Triage. They said anytime there is a blow to the abdomen area, a woman should be checked to make sure the placenta does not disconnect and start contractions. So off I went to the hospital. Luckily, I ran into my friend Liz, at the hospital, who could see that the tears were moments away. She stayed with me until Kevin could make it there. They hooked me up and monitored Blaise for about 2 hours. He was very busy in there and didn't seem to be affected by the hit. It is amazing how protective I feel about this little life whom I've yet to meet. Until then, I have to go pull out yet another gray hair on my head! By the time he gets here, I may have to starting coloring! :)

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

geez!! you poor thing!! i missed our conversation at car rider duty!! i got a dirty look and everything!! i am glad everything is okay though!

Family times said...

I am so glad everything turned out okay!!! You and Blaise are both troopers!!!

the lewis gang said...

oh no! i am happy to hear that everything is okay and blaise survived a blow. he better get used to that with a big brother around!

Dan and Denise said...

You'll be amazed at how tough Blaise will be, out of necessity with a big brother around.

I was in a MINOR car accident when I was 8 months prego with Grace. Same thing, I had to be monitored for hours at L&D triage, just to find out that everything was fine for her.

Glad that everything is okay! Always better safe than sorry!