Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, May 10, 2009

SPRING FLOWERS

Last fall we planted a tree just for Preston. My brother and I each grew up with our own special tree in our yard and we thought it was so special. I thought my kids would enjoy that tradition as well. Preston's tree has already grown a lot!
During the wind storm this spring, we lost a huge tree. We took the opportunity to go ahead and plant a new one. Funny thing is that the name of the tree is a Red Blaze Maple tree. We thought this would be a perfect tree for Blaise! It 's all ready to go for his arrival!
Kevin planted the garden this year, so of course it looks much neater! My rows always seem to get off track. He planted tomatoes, green peppers, squash, zucchini, onions, and green beans. Hopefully it will do as well as last year.
My new adventure this year was planting blueberry bushes. I have 3. Apparently you have to have 2 different types. Kevin fertilized them for me this weekend. My Grandpa Roseberry always grew awesome blueberries. Hopefully, I will make him proud.
I'm so excited about my flowering vines growing on my arbor. I have babied these things since last year. I wasn't sure that they had survived the winter, but I have beautiful purple flowers! It is growing quickly so hopefully next spring it will reach the top of the arbor.
Here's my artsy flower shot! How'd I do, Liz?


3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i love that tree idea!! how neat! i am not very good at keeping plants alive though!! i am sure they would die! :)

Dan and Denise said...

Wow! You guys have been hard at work! Your flower shot is beautiful.

Family times said...

I love it!!! It's a beautiful picture!!! Maybe we should work together!!!